Thursday 10 March 2011

I got a B!!!!!!!!!!!!

I received my mark and feedback from the end of unit test for Britain and Appeasement and got a B. I'm soooo chuffed. I was convinced that I would get a C and that I should maybe lower my expectation of what I would get at the end, but not that I have this grade it feels like the game is back on for at least a B in the final exam.

I'm particularly happy as I managed to get an A for the long answer, and so I now feel that I have it within me to achieve that I can write as well in the real exam. The source answer was a B, but the tutor said in his feedback that I could have pulled that up to an A if I had evaluated the sources and looked at their short-term (post-Munich impact). That would have got me the 3+ marks that would have pushed me into an A overall.

The plan now is to finish reading vol 2 of the Hitler biography and listen to the audiobook of Shirer's Rise and Fall of the Third Reich (all 57 hours, 13 minutes and 37 seconds of it). I'm going to then spend a few months on the dayjob and then have a think about the coursework for the A2.

No comments:

Post a Comment