Sunday 19 December 2010

A Level History: One Month In

I've been working on the A Level now for exactly a month. Its still a lot of fun and I have made great progress. I'm still smarting that I won't be able to do the exam in May as I had planned though.

The major news for this week was that my tutor got back in touch with me after having read my the material that I sent him. The good news was that he said that they were "many ways very good answers - the focus on each question was good and they were mostly well written". The only real issue was that I need to make sure that I don't "skimp on evidence".

I spent Friday working on my end of unit questions, that again get sent to my tutor. I was really happy with my answer on Alexander II's reforms (although it was much longer than I would be able to write under exam conditions), although I wasn't 100% happy with my answer on how far and with what consequences Russia was industrialised by 1914. I think that I covered all the relevant material, but it just felt like something was lacking in the answer. well, I'll know soon(ish) enough.

I'm also trying to get my head around the structure of the A2. I thought that I just had to do one unit and the coursework, but the ICS pack includes two units (one of which looks like the one that I began back in 1990!). I'll look into that, as I would prefer to write the 3.5k piece rather than do another unit (and another exam)

No comments:

Post a Comment