Tuesday 28 June 2011

Coursework: Some Good News

For the last week, I've really struggled with the material for the A Level coursework topic. I even got to the point of thinking 'well, I'm doing the MA soon, maybe I should focus on that?'. The good news, however, is that after speaking to my tutor, I don't have to do the 19th century Balance of Power for my project and can do anything as long as it covers at least 100 years and doesn't overlap too much with the other units of study.
I had two backup plans for alternative topics: the industrial revolution (flashbacks to many many visits to Industrial Museums in Sheffield as a kid) or the history of crime and punishment (linked to the day job and good preparation for the MA). After speaking to my tutor a bit more, I'm angling towards something in the latter area and am currently reading some introductory texts on the topic for ideas. All things being equal, I'm hoping that I should have a couple of ideas to send him of potential topics/questions by Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment