Thursday 27 October 2011

Revision is driving me mad! :-(

I've spent the last few weeks revising when I can and nothing seems to be going in and I'm beginning to panic about whether I will be ready for the exam in January.
It's years since I've revised for an exam and I've tried various strategies to get the information to go in with, as yet, little benefit. I started trying to do plans for past questions but found that (thankfully) I had covered them pretty closely with my notes. I then spent a while writing model answers based on my notes but, again, found that I had probably done as well as I could with the answers to questions that I put on the blog. I've also had occasional goes at reading the course books, but keep giving up, thinking that I need to spend my time more explicitly on the exam.
Every so often I wonder whether I could cancel my exam fee, but I know that the college wouldn't let me and that If i did I would have wasted the money that the course is costing. I also keep thinking 'do I need to do this if I'm doing an MA?' but again think of the money and time that I would have wasted.
I think it comes back to a question that I raised right at the start of the A Level: is it about the journey or the destination? Yes, I'd love a good grade, but ultimately I don't need another A Level and it should be enjoyable. But whenever I think this, I then think the opposite: that if it was all going in, then I would be banging on about the destination as well.
I think I should give it a break for a day and then maybe try doing revision diagrams and listening to the Teaching Company lecture series on Russia that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment