Friday 4 February 2011

Britain and Appeasement - first stage completed

I've completed the first stage of my note-taking - using the material in the ICS coursepack for the initial outline. The next stage will be to flesh these out with academic texts.

I recognise the general outline from my GCSE and more recent reading, and can see what the broad debates are but my main thoughts/concerns are:

1. Ive gotten used to looking at the path to war from the German perspective, with Britain etc. just reacting to what Hitler did next. I need to shift the focus on this.

2. The notes felt a bit bitty and it wasn't easy to keep the chronology of events in my head. One thing that I am going to have to do down the line is develop some sort of chronology with all the factors shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment